Highlights Slideshow – Click below to view it!
Catherine & Glen’s beautiful Granary Hotel wedding photography
I always love it when I get invited to photograph a couple’s special day, particularly when it takes me to a new venue, and Catherine & Glen’s wedding day gave me the opportunity to capture the Granary Hotel wedding photography for the first time. The whole day was like a fairytale wedding – I mean, scroll down to see Catherine in her gorgeous Stella York dress, could she look more like a princess?! I’ve tried to sit down and write a ‘normal’ blog for the wedding, but there were just SO many elements to it, I’ve decided to stray from my usual format and go for a Top 10 ‘Stand Out’ details from Catherine & Glen’s wedding so here goes!
- Dress – I know I’ve already mentioned this but Catherine looked absolutely stunning in her wedding dress from La Couture Boutique Bridal, like a real life princess! She said that she had fallen in love with it the second she put it on and I could see why!
- Wedding garter – I always absolutely love learning about the personal touches that have been added to my couple’s wedding day and Catherine’s garter was such a special item – not only did it fulfil the ‘something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue’ tradition, Catherine’s mum had it custom-made using fabric from her own wedding veil – how thoughtful is that?!
- Bridesmaids – Being part of bridal prep is always a busy and often chaotic time but I always love seeing all of the bride’s friends and family working together to get all the last minute details sorted and, quite often, keeping the bride from getting TOO overwhelmed on the morning of such a big day. At Catherine’s parents’ house in the morning, the bride’s squad were just epic! Catherine’s six bridesmaids were such a close knit group of friends, there was so much laughter, private jokes shared and just that awesome feeling of familiarity when friends have been there for each other through thick and thin! One of Catherine’s squad even did a speech at the wedding breakfast!
- Groomsmen – After waxing lyrical about the bridal party it’s only fair to mention the men! When I arrived at the church they were all looking proper dapper in their suits, and again, full of that banter that only comes from either family or years of friendship! Oh yeah, and they casually had a Porsche parked up outside (but with Glen being motor-mad I wasn’t that surprised about that!)
- Children – Catherine & Glen had mentioned before their big day that they had three special little helpers at their wedding. And they scrubbed up SO well!! It was so clear how much Catherine & Glen loved them, and how much they loved Catherine & Glen, and how important it was for them to play a part in their wedding. All the feels!
- Fairytale theme – Catherine & Glen had chosen a beautiful pink for their theme which just carried on the fairytale/royal wedding feel throughout. The Granary Hotel was dressed beautifully with centrepieces and flowers picking up the theme and the wedding team there pulled out all the stops to make Catherine & Glen feel like a King & Queen! The standout accessories were definitely the amazing chalkboard signs and selfie frame which had been made by a friend of Catherine’s – very talented!
- Bagpipes – Who doesn’t love a wedding with bagpipes?! And when they are arranged as a surprise for the happy couple AND they’re played by a friend of the newlyweds it was definitely really special for Catherine & Glen!
- Service – Sometimes, with all the hullaboo of the wedding breakfast and reception, the actual wedding service can be lost amid those other details. But not for Catherine & Glen. Their wedding service was beautiful, romantic and personal, led by their awesome vicar, Rev Nick who was one of the most down-to-earth officiants I have ever had the pleasure to witness. So much emotion flooded through from both the bride and groom, and it reminded how much of an honour it is for me to witness two people making their vows. My opinion of how cool Nick is was reaffirmed when I saw him leave after the ceremony in his convertable BMW!!
- Speeches – I’ve already mentioned that one of Catherine’s bridesmaids made a heartfelt speech, but I think the moment that really stole the limelight during the speeches was Catherine’s mum and ‘Que sera sera’! The mother-of-the-bride had changed the words to the famous song to relate to Catherine and her new husband, and had printed out the lyrics so all the guests could join in. Such a standout moment, particularly for the couple!
- Mr & Mrs Tombs – well, it had to be, didn’t it. Number 10 on the list but number 1 in importance. Catherine & Glen, your wedding day was perfect and you two are absolutely perfect for each other. Although ‘whatever will be, will be; the future’s not ours to see’, I think everyone attending your wedding would agree that your future together is going to be full of happiness and love. Thank you so much for asking me to capture your wedding day, I hope you love the photos as much as I do, I think they do justice to what an epic day it was!
If you’re interested in booking me for your Granary Hotel Wedding Photography then please don’t hesitate to get in touch here.